Q:What is SQL Server Reporting Services?
SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) is a server-based report generation software system from Microsoft. It can be used to prepare and deliver a variety of interactive and printed reports.
Q: What is the extension for report file?
Report file saves with the extension of .rdl and same file exist at report server.
Q: What are the shared data sources in SSRS?
A shared data source is a set of data source connection properties that can be referenced by multiple reports, models, and data-driven subscriptions that run on a Reporting Services report server.
Shared data sources are optional for reports and data-driven subscriptions, but required for report models. If you plan to use report models for ad hoc reporting, you must create and maintain a shared data source item to provide connection information to the model.
Q: Life cycle of SSRS?
Managing Reports and Other Items
Accessing and Delivering Reports
Q: What is report manger?
Report Manager is a Web-based report access and management tool that you use to administer a single report server instance from a remote location over an HTTP connection. You can also use Report Manager for its report viewer and navigation features. You can also use Report Manager for its report viewer and navigation features. You can use Report Manager to perform the following tasks:
- View, search, print, and subscribe to reports.
- Create, secure, and maintain the folder hierarchy to organize items on the server.
- Configure role-based security that determines access to items and operations.
- Configure report execution properties, report history, and report parameters.
- Create report models that connect to and retrieve data from a Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services data source or from a SQL Server relational data source.
- Set model item security to allow access to specific entities in the model, or map entities to predefined clickthrough reports that you create in advance.
- Create shared schedules and shared data sources to make schedules and data source connections more manageable.
- Create data-driven subscriptions that roll out reports to a large recipient list.
- Create linked reports to reuse and repurpose an existing report in different ways.
- Launch Report Builder to create reports that you can save and run on the report server.
Q: What is report server?
A report server is a stateless server that uses the SQL Server Database Engine to store metadata and object definitions. It consists of a pair of core processors plus a collection of special-purpose extensions that handle authentication, data processing, rendering, and delivery operations. Processors are the hub of the report server.